Favorite Follio

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by stockcerts, Sep 15, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am going to be ordering some follio/keyboard devices for some of my management. I just read a review on the Zaggfolio and the reviewer loves the keyboard, but said the rest of it is very cheap.

Just wondering if any of you have experience or can recommend a favorite bluetooth keyboard or follio type device. Thanks!

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Apple Wireless Keyboard + Incase Origami Workstation.

[​IMG]

3. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

I have the Origami Workstation (pictured above.) But it's not really a "folio" solution. It's best feature is that it's specifically designed for the Apple Wireless Keyboard and provides a nice foldout stand to hold the iPad (Works with both generations of the iPad and with a naked or encased iPad. (I have a SmartCover and polycarbonate back cover on my iPad 2.)

Of course, this also means you need a bag of some kind to hold both the OW keyboard case AND the iPad. So by the time you're done you've probably spent at least $100 for the AWK+OW and whatever you spend on the bag.

Logitech has just introduced a combination keyboard and stand for the iPad that's similar to the OW design. Logitech makes very good keyboards and if you're not wedded to the Apple Wireless Keyboard, it's a good (and less expensive) alternative.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/tablet-accessories/for-ipad/devices/tablet-keyboard-ipad

iSound has another (new) attractive alternative that also enables the use of the Apple Wireless Keyboard in a leather folio case that holds both the keyboard and the iPad. Unlike the alternatives above, this is a TRUE folio case.

If I were starting over, I'd consider it.

http://www.isound.net/shop-by-model/i-sound-collection/i-sound-keyboard-portfolio-for-ipad.html

I'd also caution you on a couple of points. The alternatives above all use either the AWK or another near full-size keyboard. Most of the other "folio" cases that include a keyboard and hold the iPad as well have significantly smaller keyboards of varying quality. These work well for many people. Personally, though I find such keyboards to be very cramped and difficult to work with, especially since I use a full-size keyboard much of the time. The Zagg Folio has the smaller keyboard, a design necessitated if you want a folio case no larger than the iPad.

Second, although a folio case (that holds both the iPad and a keyboard) has much to recommend it, the OW and Logitech separate keyboard case design approach enables you to easily use the iPad separately from the keyboard. That may be an advantage for some people.

Good luck. Your staff is fortunate to have someone thinking of such a nice gift.

4. godkorg macrumors member

godkorg

Lucky staff! I'd go with separate keyboard myself. Since the keyboards can be used with other devices easily, and later generations of the iPad... generally higher quality keyboards, full size layouts, less problems :) I use the i.Sound one and am still quite happy with it, it has a professional look to it that doesn't scream hey look at me i haven an ipad!11 (and you dont! nah nana nah nah naaaah!) ;) The Logitech one posted on this board looks really slick too! But you don't want to encumber your staff or else they wont use it as much...

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

The OP asked about a folio case. Why do people insist on posting about separate stands and keyboards?:rolleyes:

I've tried almost every folio case available and have posted in many of the folio threads on this site. The ZaggMate, as the reviewer the OP mentioned, is cheap and not suitable for someone in management.

The adonit Writer is the best compromise. It's not perfect by a long shot but doesn't add to the bulk of the iPad as others do.

6. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Guess you didn't read the post.

favorite bluetooth keyboard or follio type device

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

I did read it but thanks for assuming, everyone knows what that means. I also read the example the OP gave, the ZaggMate. A separate keyboard with a case would be a stupid gift for someone in management.

8. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Belkin has a keyboard/folio combo. It got rated b+ by iLounge. They said the keyboard was fantastic, and the not perfect rating was due to the case itself having a couple of design flaws. I think it has been the highest rated keyboard/folio case rated by them.

Oh yeah, and everything at belkin is half off until the 30th. Order from their site and use coupon code "FB50".

9. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Thanks for the tip. Don't need the folio but managed to snag several other items from Belkin.