Favorite House Music?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by neenja, Mar 14, 2010.

1. neenja macrumors 6502

Mine is any artist from Om-Records. Kaskade, Colette, Samantha James, etc etc.

Who are yours?

2. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Definitely Radiohead. Although I play their music while not at home, too. :) ;) :p :D

3. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

Anything Electro pretty much, Mr.Oizo being one of my favourites at the moment

4. Yojiirill macrumors regular

I'm not a huge fan of house (trip-hop is the closest I get to stuff I really love), but I was listening to Primal Scream the other day, and it wasn't bad.

5. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I'm not that much of a "house" fan either. The house that I do like is more of the old classics (JM Silk, Cole & Clivilles) and some of the Hi-NRG/circuit stuff, like Almighty Records, Junior Vasquez, Club 69, etc. There are a few "house" remixes of otherwise non-house songs that I dig, like C&C's Garage House remix of Grace Jones's "Love On Top Of Love".

I'm more of a synthpop/Eurodance/trance fan myself. I have to be in a certain "mood" for house.

6. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

It really depends what Primal Scream album you've been listening to as to whether it was house music or not. Their first two albums, Sonic Flower Groove and Primal Scream, were rock albums. Their mainstream breakthrough album Screamadelica could be considered house music, but the follow-up Give Out But Don't Give Up was a fairly straight-up stoner rock album again. Then came Vanishing Point, which ranged from pop to ambient and from house to acid rock. That latter genre (acid rock) is what defined their next two albums, Exterminator or XTRMNTR and Evil Heat, although Primal Scream again goes back and forth between a multitude of genres on these albums. From acid rock to big beats and from techno to acid dub. On even later albums they would once again return to more standard rock music.

So whether or not Primal Scream makes house music depends a lot on what album you listen to.

I don't really listen to house, but I definitely do listen to dance in general. My favorites are Abakus, Alex Gopher, Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin, Bance De Gaia, Boards Of Canada, Biosphere, Depeche Mode, DJ Shadow, Junior Boys, Fires Of Ork, The Knife, Fever Ray, Four Tet, Laurent Garnier, LCD Soundsystem, Lindstrøm, M83, Massive Attack, Moloko, Orb, Röyksopp, Shpongle, System 7, Trentemøller and Underworld.

7. -SD- macrumors 6502

Proper dirty jackin' Chicago style house. Loads of my mates DJ so I have a regular supply of house and dn'b sets.

8. neenja thread starter macrumors 6502

hey SD, i LOVE chicago house. mind throwing out some artists so i can check em out?

wish there were more house lovers on here :)

although, forgot to mention there are all kinds of house. i personally like them all but my favorites are funky, jazz, down-tempo, chill and sometimes a bit of progressive house.

9. marcowx7 macrumors newbie

Favorite House Music?

I do not like the house music. But I have listened chicago house.

10. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

Anything that I can fist pump to.

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      9.2 KB
      Views:
  11. rockosmodurnlif macrumors 65816

rockosmodurnlif

Colette, Miguel Migs, a lot of stuff from the Naked Music label is good downtempo house.

12. cygni macrumors regular

cygni

I prefer Breaks and Techno to House, but love Angello, Zabiela, Fanciulli, and Deep Dish.

13. neenja thread starter macrumors 6502

nice rockos, im a huge fan of colette and migs. seen them spin live a few times, badass stuff.

i never heard of the Naked Music label, def will check them out

14. rockosmodurnlif macrumors 65816

rockosmodurnlif

Do. Migs used to be signed to them until he started his Salted music thing.

15. imran1234 macrumors newbie

16. chrish4161 macrumors newbie

Well I like lots of House mix but "children of the sun" is most favourite song of mine. It has lots of high punches and great base quality. So I like it and in most of the DJ party I suggest it to play.