eggersj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
It's small, yet classy.

I love love love the polished aluminum apple sign inserted in the back cover.

It is a 100% throwback to the original iPhone. Should have kept mine!

Nevertheless, a cool feature and the reason I'm getting a clear shell case for it. Much better that the paint on my iphone 5.

Any others like it?:apple:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I liked the shiny edges. I am afraid that the apple logo will scratch easy and look bad after a few weeks. It's my least favorite feature.

Put a clear scratch guard skin on it, and you're good to go. That's what I ended up doing.

Anyway, I definitely like that it's smaller, yet the screen size is the same.

Vertigo1

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2013
The diamond-cut chamfered edges - they just catch the light now and then and look really nice :)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Wait the apple logo is painted on, is that just Silver ones? I have the Space Grey it's away from me now but don't recall it being painted almost feels like a rubber/plastic decal

andyw715

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2013
Wait the apple logo is painted on, is that just Silver ones? I have the Space Grey it's away from me now but don't recall it being painted almost feels like a rubber/plastic decal

I don't think so, if you look at the ifixit teardown they show a photo with the inside of the back cover....

You can see the apple in there. Looks as if the apple is cut out of the back and filled with a different metal.

http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/wFgYMlqmeddI1eVt.medium

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.