Favorite iPad mockup app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by porcupine8, Dec 7, 2011.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I have an idea for an iPad app, but I know that it will be a while (at least a few months) before I will be able to spend time on my desktop even getting started on it. But I'm on my iPad all the time, so before I even lay out the money for the dev kit I'd like to flesh out the idea as fully as possible on my iPad.

iMockup, Codify/Codea, App Cooker - what is your favorite iPad app for working on iOS app ideas?

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Wow, learned something new:

iPad only apps, when searched for on the App Store on the iPhone, simply don't appear at all.

I've wanted iMockup for awhile, but I guess every time I ever searched for it, I did so on my iPhone. I figured Apple had just rejected it.

Although, now that I know it's not on the iPhone, I'm kind of disappointed... I don't have an iPad... I'd really like it on my iPhone. I suppose I might make a mockup app for iPhone be my next project...

Anyways, the only app mockup app I've ever heard of of those is iMockup, and I hear that got a lot of awards and stuff, so if I were you I'd get that one.

3. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Black markers, a nice sketckbook and tons of yellow post it notes. ;)

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You'll be competing with Mockup, Dapp, and Interface, at least, which do run on the iPhone.

5. ArtOfWarfare, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I would? They don't have very good search terms set up...

Edit: Found them. I can beat them on price and aesthetics, if I decide it's worth pursuing... I have other ideas that I think might be better ways to spend my time though... my next project is going to probably be my last to finish before my paid dev membership expires... unless I can really turn things around financially, I won't be renewing it...

6. chown33 macrumors 604

What! And give up show business?!

7. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I think half of the developers here also build apps for fun, not just the financially aspect. 99$ is a "big" leap, but for a hobby, it's actually not that much..
    (referring to any other hobby, where you would spend alot more on.)

8. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right now I do everything one-handed with a baby attached to me, and soon I'll be doing it while chasing him around.... An iPad is actually the perfect medium for this situation! I pretty much live with him in one hand and it in the other (I'm typing this one-handed while he eats).

----------

See above - I live on my iPad. I only get to use the desktop when my husband takes the baby, and then I'm working on my dissertation, not hobbies. Hopefully this will change in another few months when he can entertain himself, but for now I wouldn't be able to use the membership if I bought it.

9. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Um, I searched for "mockup" and those three came up right away. What did you search for?