Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
iPhone XS Max followed closely by iPhone 4S. I’d probably like the 11 Pro Max better if I had bought it due to the obvious upgrades, but I never owned it. Out of the iPhones I’ve had, I’d rank from best to worst:

1. iPhone XS Max
  2. iPhone 4S
  3. iPhone 7 Plus
  4. iPhone 7
  5. iPhone 6 Plus

Reactions: AE_stc

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2019
based on customer satisfaction, sales and popularity

1. iPhone 11
2. iPhone 6S Plus
3. iPhone XR
4. iPhone X
5. iPhone 5S

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
iPhone 4 design was so much ahead of its time. Back then smart phones didnt even come close. Now even though iPhones are bice looking other devic manufacturers have step it up.

sers

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
SE by far. Just sold my iPhone XR and went back to an SE. The XR had an amazing screen and battery life, but hated the size and soap bar feel. My SE runs iOS 13 flawlessly and I miss nothing software wise from the XR. Also love that classic boxy design and how it disappears into your pocket. Hoping it gets iOS 14 this year.

Vladius

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
I had 6 Iphone models(4,4S,5S,8Plus,XSMax,11 Pro). Last one I bought this year, in February, but after using it couple weeks, I decided to upgrade for 11 Pro Max. And I love every single detail in it-size, screen, battery life, how it feels in hand. So for now-Pro Max is my favourite Iphone.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
its weird im on day 3 of downgrading to the iPhone 7 Plus Rose Gold from the iPhone 8 Plus Gold and I will really missed the 7! I actually don't miss any of the 8 features

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
I guess I am a through and through iPhone aficionado. Every iPhone I have owned became my favorite of the moment. The same is the case with my 11 Pro right now.

However, my first iPhone 4S holds a special place for me. For one it was my first iPhone ever. And it was the starting point of my affection and passion for Apple Device. So, I guess the scale tilts more towards iPhone 4S.

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
I love the size , shape & curves of the 11 Pro Max.

I prefer rounded look. I’m not so keen on the boxy look.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
The 5c for looks.

The 11 Pro Max for battery.

I loved the Jet Black on the 7 Plus, I still have it (Still have my blue 5c too). It was a good device but that battery (New one) died so often an aftermarket battery case couldn't even keep it going a full 10 hours.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
Of the iPhones I have owned

1) iPhone 6s (Gold) - I think this phone combined looks, cellular data speed, camera technology, and availability of key apps (many of which, like Uber and even Tinder, had nothing to do with Apple) to result in the biggest leap forward in cell phone technology for me. It was an amazing phone for an amazing time

2) iPhone 11 Pro Max (Midnight Green) - a beastly phone with a beastly camera, screen, performance, battery, etc

3) iPhone 4S (White) - A luxurious feeling iPhone really had a lot of advances. Felt like the future

4) iPhone 8+ (Silver)- A good iPhone with a big screen, brought back the glass front and back from the 4 series, which I like (I like dense iPhones). Excellent camery and battery life

5) iPhone 6+ (Gold) - A good iPhone with a big screen

6) iPhone 3Gs - I believe this was my first iPhone

7) iPhone 5c (Yellow) - Looking back this was a weird phone for me to buy

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
iPhone 4 had the best look and feel. The 4S kind of perfected the device by addressing the original’s flaws, but I personally didn’t have the 4S.

iPhone 5 was close. I preferred the design of the 4, but I liked the larger screen of the 5.

I like the larger screens all around but no other iPhone has left an impression on me like either the 4 or the 5 did.

Moolani

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
I have fond memories of my 4S. Great phone. That being said, I am still on an 8 - can't really justify the high costs of the newer ones and I don't want Face ID. Looking forward to the new SE. That might be my next one.

Reactions: Locke Cole

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Really Apple comes out with great products each year it would be hard for me to go back and pick an actual favorite

I do love the design on both my 5s and 6s plus (current phone 6s)

apple again guarantees awaits... lol

Reactions: Locke Cole
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.