Favorite Items Stack Glitch?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chaosdude78, Mar 21, 2008.

1. chaosdude78 macrumors newbie

To save space on my dock, I use a favorite items stack with links to my movies, pictures, music, etc. However, recently items have been duplicating themselves in the stack an in the sidebar on Finder. Usually, I can just drag them off the sidebar and they disappear. Now there are 3 additional links to my desktop along with the one that should be there, I was wondering if there is any way to remove them.
    I have already tried restarting, logging out, "Killall Dock" and removing and re-adding the stack however they still remain.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

probably becuase you keep on clicking on the desktop sidebar icon in the Finder and it records it as a recent. the recent stack is undocumented and wasnt added as a feature in Leopard, only available by the deafults command so you can treat it as "beta". i dont like it as it doesnt show quick look icon previews so it doesnt match my other stacks.

3. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

you could do what i do
    [​IMG]
    but you could add an applications folder to it
    i do it as a stack
    [​IMG]
    and i do another for utilities but that could be left in applications
    [​IMG]

4. chaosdude78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I thinks you're correct with your explanation richthomas, I guess, I'll go back to using individual stacks or something.

5. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

just put them all in one folder and their you go :eek:

6. c6viperkiller macrumors newbie

c6viperkiller

Hey, I have had this problem as well. For me, when I restart sometimes, all of the icons in my places section duplicate themselves. I drag them out of the sidebar in the finder window, and all but the desktop one removes itself from the stack. To get rid of that one, open up a program, I like textedit, go to save as, and then in the sidebar on the save window at the very bottom should be the extra desktops. Drag them off and that should work. I really wish there was a way to prevent this from happening.