Favorite Online Retailers

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I was just wondering what the best places to look for deals on general computer stuff (hard drives, flash memory, cables, etc..) What are the places you look for great prices?

Here's my list:
General Stuff
Newegg.com
Zipzoomfly.com
MacMall.com

Memory:
Datamem.com (Guaranteed Mac compatibility)

Cables:
Monoprice.com

I'm actually looking for an external hard drive and wanted to hear some suggestions as to where else to look.

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Can't forget fastmac.com for some harder to find parts, upgrades and replacements. Crucial.com has mac-guaranteed memory too, and is getting closer to DataMem on price (but Newegg usually beats them both).

I should mention that I've purchased three macs from Amazon basically for the price (read: rebate) offered.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
NorCal
Newegg and Monoprice have pretty much everything I need.

But sometimes Amazon and eBay come in handy too.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Amazon's Prime shipping (2nd day UPS for free, or overnight for $3.99) has made an addict out of me (and everyone else in my house).

mark2288

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Newegg is great, but if I can I usually use TigerDirect since NewEgg has to pay tax in NJ.

mark2288

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Yikes. I think I've read too many horror stories to ever buy from TigerDirect.
really? i'm not a big online buyer, but the several times i've bought from tigerdirect i've had absolutely no problems! i'm actually waiting on some stuff that should be getting here anytime soon that i ordered on friday!

-kritter-

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Idaho
really? i'm not a big online buyer, but the several times i've bought from tigerdirect i've had absolutely no problems! i'm actually waiting on some stuff that should be getting here anytime soon that i ordered on friday!
i second that, i have ordered a few things from tigerdirect with no toubles!
and i will most certainly buy from them in the future....

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
May need to add JR.com to the list, just bought a 750GB triple interface Maxtor external HDD for $199. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, we'll see if there are any issues.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Received my HDD from JR.com today (Wednesday) after ordering Sunday night. This is with standard shipping, so I was pretty impressed with the speed. I'd buy from them again.

Maui

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2007
Another vote for Newegg and Crucial. I have made many purchases from both, and never had an issue with either.

I have also made a lot of purchases from Amazon, when the seller is actually Amazon. The prime shipping I have saves some bucks.