Favorite small tweeks on iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fernandez21, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well, we all know about the big improvements (display, speed, battery life), but what are your favorite small tweeks?

Mine are the improved light sensor that controls how dark or bright the display is and that it now syncs almost twice as fast as my 3g.

2. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

I much prefer the new volume buttons
    Much easier the adjust buy touch

3. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Yes, the faster ambient light sensing is nice. Hmm... Little tweaks... I like that you can now show how many characters you've used in an SMS. You couldn't do that before and since SMS is limited to 160 characters per message, it's nice to have when I'm sending messages to people who don't have iPhones.

-Tuck

4. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

5. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Really? I didn't know that there was a gps update, cool.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I love the better sound quality through the headphone jack.

7. Ramunas macrumors member

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I don't think so, but both the jack and speaker sound better.

9. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

The volume buttons are excellent. I just like clicking them. Apple makes ironically good buttons.

10. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Is that a confirmed improvement?

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I remember one person mentioned it in another thread. I have the headphone > cassette adapter in my car and I know that my 4 sounds better than my 3GS in it. I also confirmed that my 3yo 2G sounds significantly better in my car than a brand new 3GS.

12. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

The sound quality on the iPhone 4 using headphones is excellent. Before there always used to be a significant difference (for the worse) with Apple devices using my Shure headphones compared to using Sony Walkman so I always used my Sony for listening to music. Now with the iPhone 4 there is almost nothing in it even when using $500 earphones so I can finally leave my Sony behind when I want to and use iPhone instead for listening to music.

13. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I love how fast it syncs now. My original iPhone would take about ten minutes to sync a movie. Now it takes about ten seconds. :p I wasn't anticipating that at all.

14. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

It used to be that when you "streamed" something like a podcast in the iTunes app, the headphone button wouldn't pause and play, and if you left the iTunes app and came back, there was about a 75% chance it wouldn't go back to your spot or even the file.

Now, it uses the traditional audio controls, and stays running in the background. I can use the swipe audio controls on it, and also the headphone controls, and no matter how much stuff I do on the phone, when I come back to the iTunes app, it picks up right where I left off.

Love it.

15. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The speakerphone has a louder max volume, which is really nice.

16. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I agree. The speakerphone on the 3GS was way too quiet. I am a big fan of this improvement.

Another small tweak is when adding or editing events in Calander, the time scrolls in 5 minute intervals as opposed to minute by minute. Not really a big deal, but nice none the less.