Favorite thing to do when you DONT have internet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tennismanclay, Aug 26, 2007.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

I find myself in the car or at our new house :)eek:which cannot get internet:eek:) a lot with my computer, i was just curious what yawls favorite thing to do on mac os x when you dont have internet, do u play games? Video editing, music i dont know what else but if you an opionin please share.

-Clay

edit: We got satellite internet =] slow but i can live with it without screaming my head off.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well now that i have an iPhone i have the internet just about everywhere. :eek:

but seriously, read a book. draw. clean. organize. list goes on.

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Take the ipod and go listen to music outside while playing golf/ biking/ running/ Bum off somebody's open wifi.

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

#1, look for some open wifi. #2, play some chopper until I get bored. #3, move the mouse through the dock. #4, make a model in SketchUP. #5, play in Photo Booth. #5, put the MBP to sleep and go do something with my life.

5. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Our new house is actually a barn, but its nicer than our house, but nways its literally in the middle of nowhere, we have a few neighbors but there at the end of where you can get internet, and about 3 miles down the road. :cool: otherwise i would:D

we dont even get service out there, so, ya, i guess i kinda worded this thread wrong, i do not live on my computer, i like it but i do have a life =]

6. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

iPhone. I used to find a dark corner to curl up in until the world stopped caving in on me, though.

:rolleyes:

7. tooshaggy macrumors regular

tooshaggy

8. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

With the computer? I like to hack around in Xcode.
    Without the computer? I like to pull my knees to my chest, rock back and forth, and murmur...

9. kerotab macrumors member

kerotab

I like to listen to music on itunes or find something good to watch on TV =)

10. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

#1 Listen to tunes in itunes
    #2 Watch some video
    #3 edit some images
    #4 Drive the car
    #5 Sleep

11. askywalker macrumors regular

Stupid games. I am new to Mac, but so far like the set at PopCap Games - Zuma, Bejeweled... perfect for those times, like traveling, where you don't want to think - just turn on some music and play simple/stupid games.

I have enjoyed playing around in GarageBand and iMovie - they are MUCH better than I expected. I never seem to finish anything, but fun to just hack around in a bit...

12. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

umm SOMEtimes it happenes that the internet just stop working O_O..so i *would just:
    -play a game in bootcamp
    -mess around with photoboot
    -edit some music video in iMovie (favourite thing to do =D)
    -change my VF(if you know what it is)Layout to make it look just different:rolleyes:.
    -make some remixes in 'Djay'
    -make a video for youtube

*or do something in ''real'' life:
    -go to the mall and make fun of those dude who wear long shirts to their knees(They look so funny haha XD)..what they call them?! :p
    -watch a movie with a friend.
    -have a date with a girl i like ''im single now yay XP''
    -or i would just have a walk alone and listen to my ipod in the middle of night..

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I could just use my not-an-iPhone phone to connect my computer but I would likely play my iPod or some game on my Nintendo DS.

14. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Paint a couple of walls in my house or scan some missing album art.

15. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

As it happens my interwebs was taken from me yesterday! :mad: They're building on the road close to my house and they must have cut the cables. The TV and radio went with it too! Luckily it was nice day....so I spent my time outside sanding and painting my windows.

Normally however, when I'm out and about and have chosen not to have interwebs I'm listening to tunes and drawing in Flash! :cool:

16. emegmac macrumors regular

17. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Try and bum off someone elses open wifi. If that fails I'll use KisMac to try and bruteforce into a WEP-protected network, and if that fails I turn wifi off and make my site in Coda and MAMP.

Or just do something else...

18. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Listen to iTunes while I sketch on Storyboard Pro. Or read :D

19. Reverov macrumors newbie

Open up firefox and pretend that I do have internet. I could do this for hours. :D

20. tartsquid macrumors regular

tartsquid

I save stories and ebooks onto my computer to read when our crappy cable modem decides that it doesn't want to work anymore.

21. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

read a bit. pull weeds out of my veggie garden. sew something. take a nap. take a walk. ride my bike. go to Target. :eek:

these are a few of my favorite things.

22. ccalleri macrumors member

I go through my iTunes music and make sure that all the fields are filling in .. (NOT ALLLLLLLLL!) .. like genre, artists, ratings (for my smart playlists), create new smart playlists, delete songs .. etc...

23. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

24. iBunny macrumors 65816

We had recent severe thunderstorms, and I lost power for 12 hours.

I pretty much wanted to cry. But after I wept, and my soul was crushed, I decided to Play a game I Downloaded (Free Demo) called DEFCON.

Totally awesome

25. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I like to go out and take some pictures with my camera. That and watch Wolf's Rain.