Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesadams01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
USA
My favorite tv show is dexter. This is a crime show. All episodes of this show is good. I really like all season of this show.

iHailCarlo

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Lol!!! Anyway.

The Sopranos
Oz
Heroes
Lost
Carnivale
Rome
Game of Thrones
True Blood
Deadwood

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Definitely Elementary, Revolution, and Shark Tank. :D All are worth checking out if you haven't already, especially Elementary. Oh and Touch even though the season hasn't started yet.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
My favorite tv show is dexter. This is a crime show. All episodes of this show is good. I really like all season of this show.

I definitely agree with your assessment of Dexter. I can't think of any other show that has continued to maintain my interest after 7 seasons. Star Trek VOY is the only other series that maintained my interest over 7 seasons. star trek TNG doesn't count because the first 3 seasons were lame, and Star Trek DS9 was difficult to watch the last 3 seasons. X-Files was clunky after about 4 seasons.

Anyone else think of a good series that lasted 7+ seasons?

Asclepio

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
the wire
carnivale
arrested development
mad men
my name is earl
x-files
eastbound and down
and rest of the HBO gold era... oz, deadwood, the sopranos

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Of the shows we're currently watching on our Apple TV:
How I met Your Mother
White Collar
Burn Notice

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
Just got into Dexter and love it. House is an all time favorite but the last two seasons started going down hill. Just getting through Breaking Bad although I just can't seem to stay hooked on it.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Current TV Shows I love

Breaking Bad
Sons OF Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Falling Skies
Sanctuary

Old TV Shows

Lost
Terra Nova
V
The Startgate franchise
Prison Break
Seinfeld
Leave it to Beaver
The Munsters
Car 54
All In The Family
Star Trek
The Jack Benny Show
Burns and Allen
The Honeymooners
Abbott and Costello
The Three Stooges

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
My current (on-air) favourite shows are as follows:

• Breaking Bad (not usually my kind of thing, but I LOVE it)
  • The Walking Dead (last season was rubbish (on the farm) but this season is much better)
  • Dexter (watched the latest season through habit - it's OK)
  • Modern Family
  • Family Guy
  • American Dad
  • Futurama
  • The Middle
  • The Big Bang Theory (I don't think it lives up to the hype -not on par with Frasier or Friends, however funny in its own, limited way)

Previous favourites include:

• Frasier (probably my favourite show of all-time)
  • Friends
  • Will & Grace
  • LOST (what a rubbish ending)
  • Star Trek TNG, DS9 & VOY (huge fan of all shows)
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • House
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

I have recently been trying to get into more programs, but unfortunately, none of them have grabbed my attention:

• Game of Thrones (watched the pilot a few years ago - didn't like it, rewatched the pilot and second episode the other day and still don't like it!)
  • Mad Men (I watched the pilot. I can tell this is a well-made, high quality program, however don't think it's my kind of story)
  • Warehouse 13 (stopped watching halfway through the pilot episode)
  • Community (watched the pilot episode)
  • Burn Notice
  • How I Met Your Mother

Can anyone offer me some solid recommendations based on what I've liked before?

Last edited:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
The Big Bang Theory
Arrow
The Walking Dead
Homeland
Person Of Interest
Raising Hope
American Horror Story
Fringe (nearly over)
Modern Family

used to "love" now only watch out of habit ..

Dexter (it turned to ... after season 5 imo)
True Blood
How I Met Your Mother (they r draggin it out)

i also enjoy Elementary for his accent alone ^^

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Dexter is good, but this last season was just ok.
How I met your mother
Grimm
Modern Family
Happy Endings
Walking Dead
True Blood

I just got Friends from iTunes (got great deals on iTunes cards and used those). I like the convent of playing them on Apple TV. I tried to rip a friends disc, but I had to figure out what was episode was what, then 1 disc combined all 3 episodes as one. Got sick of it that and just downloaded the box set 1-5 and then 6-10. The only bad part about that was everything was as 1 on the box sets, so I made it by seasons and that was easy.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
I definitely agree with your assessment of Dexter. I can't think of any other show that has continued to maintain my interest after 7 seasons. Star Trek VOY is the only other series that maintained my interest over 7 seasons. star trek TNG doesn't count because the first 3 seasons were lame, and Star Trek DS9 was difficult to watch the last 3 seasons. X-Files was clunky after about 4 seasons.

Anyone else think of a good series that lasted 7+ seasons?

Dexter is very good show. But I think they kind of blew it at the end of the 7th season. Unnecessary ending.

I see many people mention those Star Trek shows, but omit to mention the best of them all: Star Trek Enterprise. Watching it second time now, and it's really great. Is the last modern and true Star Trek we will ever see. It's a shame it was cancelled.

The new Star Trek movies are just action with brain dead story, with increasing elements of soap opera. You'll never see the old Star Trek again, based on exploration. A new Star Trek series will be the end of the franchise. Just like Stargate Universe became the end of the Stargate franchise, when they turned away from the old Stargate and introduced it as a new soap opera, with sex and relationships, as focus. It ended after the second season. Great job, those producers... they should be ashamed.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
Dexter is very good show. But I think they kind of blew it at the end of the 7th season. Unnecessary ending.

I see many people mention those Star Trek shows, but omit to mention the best of them all: Star Trek Enterprise. Watching it second time now, and it's really great. Is the last modern and true Star Trek we will ever see. It's a shame it was cancelled.

The new Star Trek movies are just action with brain dead story, with increasing elements of soap opera. You'll never see the old Star Trek again, based on exploration. A new Star Trek series will be the end of the franchise. Just like Stargate Universe became the end of the Stargate franchise, when they turned away from the old Stargate and introduced it as a new soap opera, with sex and relationships, as focus. It ended after the second season. Great job, those producers... they should be ashamed.

I didn't care for the xindi story line. I felt the first two seasons were acceptable, the 3rd was lacking and the 4th had some good episodes, but the augments and romulan stories were weak. Finally, the finale sucked butt. But in a mirror darkly was by far the best episode of the series.

I have seen all the star trek movies on opening week with the exception of motion picture. The reboot was an attempt to appeal to fans of star wars, battlestar galactica & stargate. It wasn't the worst, but it was far from the best.

I am curious about Michael Dorn's proposed Captain Worf series.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
I only watched the first 2 seasons of dexter but enjoyed it. I have all 10 seasons of Friends because iTunes had a $10 per season sale and I had $50 gift card to use :D . They also did the same with Star Trek but I picked the seasons I liked best like S1 STOS, 2 seasons of STNG, S3 of Voyager, S3 of Enterprise, and a few DS9 seasons.

My favorite shows are almost always Sci Fi:
Alien Nation
Farscape
X-Files
Babylon 5
SG1 and Star Gate Atlantis
Torchwood

Current shows:
Lost Girl
S1-4 Misfits
Doctor Who
Grimm
Walking Dead (just started S1)
True Blood (have S1-4 in BR)

Aliencowboy69

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
The big bang theory
Rules of engagement
Two and a half men (Sheen & kutcher)
Anger management
Mike & Molly

Old skool favourites:
Friends
Frasier
King of Queens
Everybody loves Raymond
Cheers
Becker

Best EVER:
Only fools and horses :D

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Through Hulu (current shows):
Arrow
Revolution
Mindy
New Girl
Glee
Anything with Gordon Ramsey

Syndication:
Big Bang Theory
Two and a half Men

Netflix;
Psych

If I need company or noise in the background, I put on Dick Van Dyke and Bewitched that I own. Hubbs and I also just started rewatching Alias that I own.

cdavis11

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
The Amazing Race
Bobs Burgers
Family Guy
Elementary
30 Rock
Parks and Recreation
Scandal
Parenthood
Modern Family
Ben and Kate
Nature

All but two of those recorded OTA with EyeTV...free!

----------

Just got into Dexter and love it. House is an all time favorite but the last two seasons started going down hill. Just getting through Breaking Bad although I just can't seem to stay hooked on it.

If you like House, give Elementary a try. Takes a while to get up to speed, but it's really pretty good half a season in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.