Favorite Twitter App / Client for Mac (Poll)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ozaz, Oct 17, 2011.

?

What is your favorite Twitter Client for Mac (Poll)

1. I prefer the Twitter website

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Echefon

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Itsy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kiwi

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Seesmic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Socialite

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Tweetdeck

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  8. Tweetings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Twitter

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  10. Twitterrific

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  11. Yurufukurou

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  12. Other (please state in comments)

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. ozaz, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

ozaz macrumors 65816

I realize there have been many similar threads but the only other poll was May 2009 and did not include the apps that are likely to be most popular today.

It's Twitterrific for me!

2. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

I use Twitteriffic mostly since it supports which is a killer features that "syncs" your last read tweet between devices - http://tweetmarker.net/

My iPhone client (Tweetbot) and Chrome (using Tweetmarker extension) both support this feature as well.

If it wasn't about this feature, I think I would still use official Twitter client.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I used Twitterrific for a while, then Twitter, and now I use TweetDeck on both my computer and iPod.

4. fatallonglost macrumors newbie

Hey Mac, question: do you feel cluttered sometimes with tweetdeck? When I use bootcamp and switch over to windows side, I use it there. It seems chunky and large and as far as I can tell there's no way to change the font size in it. Any ideas? I like the concept, but it's not as visually appealing aas I'd like it to be, although I haven't really switched around columns and used some of the more cool features yet.

5. JustinDaigle macrumors member

I've been using Kiwi, although looking at this poll, YuruFukurou might be worth a try. As much as I like Kiwi's choices in themes, the fact that the only version that works on Lion is a beta that you're forced to see ads in is really starting to turn me away. And I have a reasonable dislike for the official app (first, I preferred the old UI; second, Twitter's hostility toward third-party clients makes me lean toward the third-party clients to show my support).

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

No, not particularly. You can change how it appears colorwise under settings, but as far as I know (I checked earlier) you're right, there's no way to change font size. If you use Chrome you can also have TweetDeck as a web app, that may make it less chunky for you.

7. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Hootsuite for me

Love the filters, i know it's browser based and not an app but it works very well, uses little memory, works from any device and the iPad app is awesome.

8. dpk2019 macrumors newbie

Favorite Twitter App

Of course I am biased but I feel Stwutter is the best twitter app on OSX because of the multitasking capabilities the audio link enables:)

9. Chilternburt macrumors newbie

Chilternburt

Tweetbot is now available on OS X, its still in Alpha, but its by far the best App i have come across, and all the features that the iOS app are available, except syncing for now...

10. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

It's now officially available but it's $20.
    I have no doubt it's awesome since I tried the alpha and beta but this is too much for me.

11. Chilternburt macrumors newbie

Chilternburt

Thanks, I noticed it went live about an hour after I posted...
    Yea $20 is a lot, esp in South African rands... but i fear i shall cave and buy it...

12. Kurwenal macrumors 6502a

Kurwenal