Favorite underdog 7/7+ feature: earpiece speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, May 17, 2017.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

My goodness, watching videos in noisy environments, having sound project at you/ in extreme circumstances holding the earpiece to my ear to listen to things vs. hold the bottom speaker against my ear,

I'm just loving it more than i thought i would have and finding it extremely useful

I really like the improved screen too, and other features... but the earpiece speaker.

Something i wont be able to do without moving forward (barring my SE, i can deal haha)

2. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I Just think in general Apple did an amazing job with the stereo speakers. And on that note, when I use my 7+ for phone calls, I always use the speakerphone and I couldn't imagine using anything else less with how vast the sound is emanating from the speakers. I'm looking forward to seeing how Apple improves this in future iPhone models.

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Nah 7+

But just saying since both 7/7+ feature it

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Apple did a great job with this speaker improvement. Love 7+ for it stereo separation. Not quite as spectacular as my 9.7 iPad Pro but darn nice.

7. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I jumped back into the 7 for the form size and the stereo speakers.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

The speakers are great on the 7, but my favourite 'underappreciated' feature is the system haptics. Having some physical feedback when swiping on the glass just makes everything feel more real. Using a 6 now seems a bit lifeless.

9. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

How do ya mean just 3D touch? But that came with 6s ?

I like it but I still think its a half baked concept. I feel like nothing meaningful has improved since iOS 9.0 on that front

(minus being a haptic engine motor, now, but thats a hardware difference)

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I mean the feedback you get from things like scrolling the timer wheel, turning a switch on and off, the little tap when you reach the end or middle of sliders, the vibration when you pull down to refresh an app, feedback when you're using Pages and have centred an object, etc etc.

Just makes everything feel a lot more cohesive and easier to use. It's a little thing, but something I've really noticed.