Favourable comparison of 4S camera with pro-DSLR

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Moccasin, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

2. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Good read and pictures, makes me love my iPhone 4S even more now :D

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

I wonder what lens she used with the 5D2.. Because the lens is in many times much more important than the camera itself. Even though a pro dslr with a crappy lens will outperform any point and shoot pretty much.

The comparison shots, i do preffer the dslr-photos, but on the other hand, the iPhone 4s photos does great at capturing the moments if you have in mind that it's just a cellphone camera, which is awesome!

I used to always carry my DSLR+penisenlarger lens everyday just to have it ready for any photo i might want to take, but since i got the 4S i haven't done that as much i must admit..

4. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Yeah,
    The 4S camera is very admirable, and one of the reasons I came back to Apple (went Droid RAZR for a few... days).

Anytime we go somewhere w/ the family I tend to bring my T2I and a few lenses/flash with me as I'm a photo junkie, but I can't always do that so having a decent camera on my phone is a big deal so I don't have to bring an additional Point and Shoot just in case.

I've been very impressed with the iPhone 4/4S and one of the big reasons is the camera. RAW would be nice so I could fix photo's a bit later on down the line, but I'll take it.