Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Nermal said:
Your Safari menus are in English but your date is in (presumably) Norwegian :confused:
He-he...

I like my system to be English: 1) I'm used to it, 2) most documentation and support (including here on MR) are in English, 3) even some pathnames change when system is in Norwegian, which can be very confusing and 4) some language localization apparently takes time and I have, in the past when running a Norwegian system, been prevented from updating software because the Norwegian localization wasn't ready, yet...

But I like my dates (and number formatting etc.) in Norwegian style, so I've sat the International System Preference to Norwegian.

A bit linguistically schizophrenic, maybe, but I'm happy with it... ;)

mackaveli

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
munkle said:
Selecting an icon, holding down command and dragging will let you move some icons around...but unfortunately not all.

haha i cant move any of them oh well. i'll get use to it, thanks though

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
mackaveli said:
haha i cant move any of them oh well. i'll get use to it, thanks though
I've always been able to move every icon in my menu bar with the cmd- shortcut (except Spotlight of course). Although I guess all I have is Airport Signal strength and time. Which ones can't you move?

solaris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
Oslo, Norway
In random order (I love them all). :p
* Firefox.
* Adium X
* VLC
* SubEthaEdit
* MenuMeters
* Meteorologist
* Quicksilver
* iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.