Favourite Clipboard manager?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cutcopypaste, Oct 23, 2013.

1. cutcopypaste, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

cutcopypaste macrumors regular

I am coming from windows where I used the excellent Ditto.

Right now the front runner is Clyppan, but it sounds like the shortcut keys are not as easy as Ditto for Windows (as in, number of keystrokes required)

this is the only real good comparison I've found
    http://superuser.com/questions/63597/clipboard-manager-for-mac

bunch of other articles cover too many too broadly or just one.

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

I've gone through two or three clipboard managers, and settled on CopyLess. There's a "CopyLess Lite" available for free, which limits your copy history to ten items but otherwise doesn't have any limitations that I can remember. Try it out and if you like it, go for the full version (maximum history of 100 items, can be adjusted to decrease memory footprint).

I like the layout of the program and the way that it operates. Unlike some clipboard managers, it shows you what application the original copy came from, it indicates if you've already pasted it, and if you've copied an image, you'll see a thumbnail of that image (with the ability to "quick preview" and see it large; the "quick preview" can also be used to view the full text of copied text). You can also switch on a plain text copy, which pastes everything in plain text (removes formatting - note that this can occasionally cause problems, depending on what program you're copying and pasting in).

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I use Jumpcut, it's nice and minimal. I just wished it had the ability to sync on a wifi network. PTHPasteboardPro does this, but I found it bloated/buggy and it's $25.

4. cutcopypaste thread starter macrumors regular

When I used jumpcut I found it not to be quick enough to access.. though I may have missed something.

100 items in the PRO version??

I am used to Ditto which literally remembers everything with no noticeable performance issues. being able to search through anything you've ever copy/pasted is amazing.

I think Clyppan may be the way to go.. tracking your most often used copy/pastes is a nice idea, and it's also a shame it doesn't handle image data (which isn't essential, but it's really nice to be able to go back to a copied image (especially a print screen) if you've copied something else since

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

6. Donoghan macrumors regular

Donoghan

Great! Glad I could help!

7. cutcopypaste thread starter macrumors regular

Flycut is pretty nice for ease of use and great for price.. I would really like to be able to search previous copies though. Actually got Clyppan and deeply regret it. Keyboard integration is very lacking.

8. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon