Favourite FM transmitter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wineandcarbs, May 15, 2012.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I don't have an aux. in my car, so I have to use one that goes through the cigarette lighter. I had a Monster one, but there is something wrong with the bottom and even if I have no case on my iPhone, it keeps slipping out of the port (and it is not the port that is the problem, b/c all the regular iPod cables fit properly; I realize this sounds like an innuendo but it really is not. LOL).

Anyway, can you recommend a good FM transmitter? I didn't like the iTrip, the one you used with an app to select the station. My preferred one was the Monster one. The one I was using was not specifically for the iPhone but worked with the iPhone (charged it and all; perhaps that was the issue? I don't know, though, because I read of iPod Touch users having the same problem).

Anyway, suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

TIA!

2. App King macrumors member

Monster one is a bit expensive. The iTrip one worked well for me.

3. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you have the one with the app needed for it? Or is there more than one iTrip? Maybe I need to go check it out again.

4. twz22 macrumors newbie

5. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. tort11 macrumors newbie

I use Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter (black) and it works great.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not necessarily. See if there's an interface for your factory stereo. Check with the usual suspects such as USA Spec, PAC Audio, DICE, Blitzsafe, etc. Only use an FM modulator if you have no other choice and/or don't care about audio quality.

8. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I used Jabra FM transmitter in my old car, but I recommend you to use a cassette adapter. It has better sound quality than FM transmitter.