Favourite Perfume/Fragrances.

Healer Flame

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2019
Ladies & Gents do you wear perfume when you go to work or socializing? Please tell us your favourite.

Here are my top 3

1) L’homme Cologne by Yves Saint Lauren
I am addicted to this one, mood swinger, fresh and woody fragrance, made in heaven.

2) Acqua Di Gio ......too sexy

3) Sauvage Eau de Toilette. One of the best

Last edited:

casperes1996

macrumors 601
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
That last paragraph just affirms so many stereotypes... Haha.

Anyways, Danish man here. I have a few, but I mostly use this:

Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme Eau De Toilette

I copied that from a website...

I didn't check super carefully on the site, btw. There may be several variants, but I believe it's that one, if not it looks extremely similar.

I wore it when my ex complimented my smell, so it's been my favourite since because the compliment made me feel good and just left good associations.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Agree with @Gutwrench that perfumes or fragrances should not be worn in a professional or work environment; it is not just a matter of personal preference, - some individuals may like it whereas others won't - but the fact that some people are actually allergic to the scent of synthetic fragrances.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I wish one of my colleagues would wear more/better deodorant in the office!
Yes, when I was at university, this was an issue with some - indeed, a surprising number - of my male peers.

The problem is that you never forget the - ah, overpowering aroma - from that guy who sat beside you occasionally, in First Year Politics - and, thirty years later, when he has become a Captain of Industry or something of the sort, elegantly attired in suit and tie, the primitive power of olfactory memory recalls the unmistakeable odour of his earlier self to your memory with extraordinary clarity.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Fragrances should not be worn in the workplace. Just my opinion but it’s a firm one.
Agree with @Gutwrench that perfumes or fragrances should not be worn in a professional or work environment; it is not just a matter of personal preference, - some individuals may like it whereas others won't - but the fact that some people are actually allergic to the scent of synthetic fragrances.
Or at the gym.

Nothing like being on an elliptical or treadmill sucking air and someone walks by who just douched themselves in fragrance before coming in and you inhale massive amounts of it while trying to exercise.

That happened to me last week. :mad:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Oh man... Joop! Smells like.... A clean restroom? .... dont seem to like this one, not sure what it is....
In this context, it doesn't really matter whether you much care for it; for @Apple fanboy, what matters is that Mrs AFB likes it.

I remember my father groaning (frequently) in the 1970s about how male work colleagues of his used to "drench themselves" in Old Spice, in some cases, giving rise to a situation where the Old Spice barely masked those manly odours of unwashed male bodies.

The lifts (elevators) were the worst, he used to say, trapped in a confined space with this disgusting blend of aromas assailing your nostrils.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apple fanboy

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Cologne was a thing in high school and once I left I stopped wearing it. There’s nothing wrong with men or women wearing it though. But I feel fragrance is personal and somewhat intimate. It should only be noticeable by those permitted to enter your close personal space.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
In this context, it doesn't really matter whether you much care for it; for @Apple fanboy, what matters is that Mrs AFB likes it.

I remember my father groaning (frequently) in the 1970s about how male work colleagues of his used to "drench themselves" in Old Spice, in some cases, giving rise to a situation where the Old Spice barely masked those manly odours of unwashed male bodies.

The lifts (elevators) were the worst, he used to say, trapped in a confined space with this disgusting blend of aromas assailing your nostrils.
Indeed. But like most scents, the secret is not too much.

Probably the worst mixture would be when you go to school discos. All that hair product and aftershave/perfume in a confined hall. Surprised it didn’t go up.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Healer Flame

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2019
Years ago ordered this one online without testing it. It smells like Hydrogen bomb, very nasty smell threw it away.

41jdp1wAauL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Almost fainted. This perfume will be good for a rude bad Boss 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutwrench

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Years ago ordered this one online without testing it. It smells like Hydrogen bomb, very nasty smell threw it away.

View attachment 859853
Almost fainted. This perfume will be good for a rude bad Boss 😄
You actually ordered a scent - remember, the olfactory sense is the most primitive and possibly powerful sense of our senses - without having sampled or tested it?

Gosh.

I would never buy (for myself, let alone anyone else) - or wear - any sort of scent without having thoroughly tried and sampled, and tested it.