Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Were there a lot of add ons and such for PPC back then? For instance, twelve south makes a few items for current iMacs and external HDD cases are made to resemble Mac minis and G5s/Pros.

Anything for an iMac G3 or G4 out there?

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Were there a lot of add ons and such for PPC back then? For instance, twelve south makes a few items for current iMacs and external HDD cases are made to resemble Mac minis and G5s/Pros.

Anything for an iMac G3 or G4 out there?

One thing that comes immediately to mind is the USB Imation "Superdisk" LS 120 drive that was similar in color to the Bondi Blue iMac and also looked good sitting on top of a B&W G3.

LS-120 drives can also read regular 3.5" floppies(back around the turn of the century my dad and I both used internal LS-120 drives our main Windows desktops as a complete replacement for a standard floppy drive), they were a convenient external floppy drive as well as high capacity portable drive for the systems that didn't have an internal floppy.

As it so happens, I have one sitting on top of the Quicksilver I'm typing this post from. It came from the same person who gave me a pair of G3 iMacs-both an original "Revision A" Bondi Blue 233mhz, and a later 600mhz Indigo. I don't use it all that often, but my dad and I both still have a lot of data kicking around on 3.5" floppies and on LS-120 disks. I think my Quicksilver is the only computer in the house now that can read LS-120 disks.

Attachments

• image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 116

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
wbv1m7J.jpg

Some Acer USB mouse thing. Two buttons and a scroll wheel basically.

zNEbbTu.jpg

Microsoft Sidewinder X(something) USB keyboard. Puts up with my horribly heavy keystrokes.

QFDEjVN.jpg

This thing. Began off as a cheap Crosley radio/CD/turntable/USB thing. Now the only original port is its wooden case. Inside is a pair of Rokit 8s and I modded the useless USB player to an aux cable.

IpXreFe.jpg

160GB iPod Classic.

p3OlZOq.jpg

500GB FireWire external for all of my music.

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
For fun tonight I hooked up my pb ti 667 dvi to my 32" lcd tv...I had to install screen spanning doctor if order to get proper resolution....it worked out pretty good,and was surprisingly fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.