Favourites bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by GreyOS, Jul 30, 2014.

1. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Hi all,

Just wanted to check if I'm being thick or if this is a change in iOS 8 (beta 4, iPhone) that introduces a problem. I will raise as a bug if the latter.

When you add a favourite who has multiple phone numbers, how do you specify which number you are adding as a favourite? The only options I get are Voice Call, FaceTime Audio or Facetime. If I pick Voice Call, their first number gets added as the favourite and I can't choose another.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

- Opened a contact
    - tapped add favorite
    - List came up with mobile, work, facetime audio
    - Chose mobile
    - Clicked add favorite again.
    - Mobile is no longer listed because its a favorite
    - Chose work and it added it.

3. GreyOS thread starter macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Ah thanks, you have shown me another way to add a favourite which is useful (in general, and as a work around for my problem).

I should have been clearer though - I was trying this from the Favourites screen and tapping the + in the top right to then selecting a contact. Can you tell me if you come across the problem I had from there? I'm pretty sure you *should* get the same list of options here as you do when adding from the contact sheet, but in iOS 8 it's not showing that.

Thanks

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The workflow from there seems broken. It just adds a number without even asking you haha :)

5. GreyOS thread starter macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Cool, and no obvious way to change it from there? I'll raise it as a bug, thanks!