Faxes on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plunar, Apr 28, 2008.

1. plunar macrumors 6502

plunar

is it possible for iphone to send/receive faxes?

2. plunar thread starter macrumors 6502

plunar

well, lawyers, bankers, doctors, and realtors all consider a faxed document equivalent to signed, posted documents.... but not emails or pdfs. this is something has real need and utility at this time, and the iPhone should support it. my old moto on verizon did...

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, thats another weird request for a feature the iphone should have.
    But I dont think they'll ever bother with it. I think the device is gonna get better tech instead of doing decade old outdated tasks.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Yes there are plenty of websites that support sending receiving faxes. The iPhone will work with most of those.

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

this is a thing of the past man.. get ur faxes to come to ur email address

6. dangleheart macrumors 6502

One can always take a photograph of the document using the iphone and email it straight from the iPhone. That should, atleast in some cases, as good as fax. The recipient can print the email attachment.

I have tried this a couple of times with success. The main problem is getting the document to line up properly, the angle of holding the iphone and the placement of the documetn on a flat surface. If the document has folds in it, that is another challenge.

Here is an opportunity for an iPhone app, a limited functionality image processing app, to clean up the photographed document before emailing.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...but how does that help you when you need to send a fax and only a fax will do?:confused: