Faxing Application for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kidkasha, Dec 8, 2009.

1. kidkasha macrumors member

I scan faxes to a pdf file using a HP photosmart scanner/printer. Would like to have a program that saves my received faxes in my system and also record sent faxes and print them if I choose to. I was told that osx at one time was able to digitaly archive the transmissions bpth incoming and outgoing and record my cover pages, but not with Snow Leopard. Was able to scan the fax with Winfax on my PC, but is there a similar program for my iMac. dual core??

2. kidkasha thread starter macrumors member

3. dbwie macrumors 6502

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

It's built into OS X. You set up the fax modem (external USB for recent Macs) in System Preferences.

You can send fax a PDF from any application that can print. Go to File > Print & click the PDF button in the lower left of the print dialog & choose fax PDF.

5. kidkasha thread starter macrumors member

Tried Pagesender

Bought and paid for for pagesender 4, Support is weak, and cannot get the problems resloved. What I would like to do is scan, save and send files via fax. I would like to be able to recieve faxes into my sysytem, for future review and also print.

So far my faxes with pagesender are showing up as failed transmission. I did ask pagesender if it was possible to speak to a tech on the phone instead of corresponding by e-mail this way I can quickly resolve. I was declined.

Is there a better program around??

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The third-party FAX software for the Mac is FAXstf PRO. However, it is advertised as compatible only up through MacOS X 10.5.

7. kidkasha thread starter macrumors member

PaeSender

Bought Pagesender, and seems to be good enough. However Winfax pro on the pc was realy great

8. kidkasha thread starter macrumors member

Now I find that the faxes do not go thru all the time. and it's hard to get answers. I would happy to get a stronger program