iPhone FB chat SMS integration? And desktop client for SMS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I have 2 questions.

First: Is there any type of desktop client for SMS? I've tried Treason sms and it doesn't work too well. I saw an old thread about this but no one ever found a solution. Why isn't there a client for this? (One that lets you use your mobile number, not one that sends "free" texts from a different one).

Second: would it be possible for someone like bitesms to integrate FB chat, just like they're going to integrate iMessage? Like a different colored button for Fb chat that you could link to people's cell #s, so that you can view FB chat within texting convo/iMessage convo?

2. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Both would be awesome.

3. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I wish they had a desktop client, would be amazing.
    Actually, both would be sweet.

4. Th3d0ctor macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

Yeah I don't think there is but I sure wish there was

5. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

It can't let you use your mobile number because they aren't allowed (as far as I know) to spoof the mobile number (which is what it would have to do). What I do is use my Google Voice number for SMS on both my computer and my phone.

I use the GV SMS Extension combined with biteSMS to use Google Voice on my iPhone, and then I use VoiceMac to send/receive SMS from that Google Voice account pushed to my Mac. It's a pretty epic conversation, the only "work" is to tell people to use your Google Voice # to text you (which if you set it up to forward to your phone for calls, you can just tell people you got a new #).

6. Caimile macrumors newbie