FB crashing

popcee.p

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
While I am browsing the FB and FB messenger, the app is crashing. I restarted the device and also cleared all cache.. installed a new app too... still the problem persists. The version of iPhone is 10.3.1

IowaLynn

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2015
I still think 10% free storage is still the minimum. Not enough even then for iOS update - unless using iTunes - and even then is low.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Its hard sometimes with 16GB devices.
And once you run out of storage or run very low then the device will start running crappy.
Even if you go and delete a bunch of stuff after it will continue run buggy.
If that's the case I'd go for an itunes restore, setup as new and leave yourself plenty of available storage so you dont have such issues in the future.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Applejuiced pretty well summed it up.

You might have to make hard choices and delete some stuff you think you got to have so your phone runs better. Apple's OS likes lots of headroom and I am betting that FB is causing the problem.
Yes, and the FB app can use up lots of available storage.
My FB app currently lists that it uses 1.3GB's of my storage/usage section.
Its the highest amount out of everything else I have installed on my 32GB 7 Plus.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes, and the FB app can use up lots of available storage.
My FB app currently lists that it uses 1.3GB's of my storage/usage section.
Its the highest amount out of everything else I have installed on my 32GB 7 Plus.
Likely the same on my phone when I had it installed. I deleted my account and the app on my phone almost a year ago and have to say I no longer miss it, not even a little.:)

Reactions: Applejuiced