FC STUDIO2 color QUEST!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by topspt, May 9, 2008.

1. topspt macrumors newbie

Hello people,
    iam new in the forum.

I have a question : I am sending a sequence from FCP to Color...
    that sequence contains a video clip from many shots of 3-4 seconds each
    when i am applying color fx and going o render them in color to send them after back to final cut ..the color render not only the 3-4 sec of the shot but the whole video that contains that shot ....the reference video.
    DO anyone knows how i can render only the shots and not all the footage???
    Now i am exporting the 1st sequence and after sending them in color
    but i dont think that this is the best solution!

thx if someone "understand" me :)

have a nice day!

tops

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Check your project properties in Color. Are you rendering some handles or something?

P-Worm

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What kind of video is (DV, HDV, DVCPro HD, Pro Res, etc.,) it and do you have any effects applied to it (ex. speed changes)? Color is very, very limited it what kind of video it will properly accept from FCP.

Lethal

4. topspt thread starter macrumors newbie

..its DV..PAL....shot by sony z7 and yes they have effects ...speed chances etc
    yeah i am working with handles but the rendering is in the whole footage.

I didnt found the solution yet ...of course if i export the sequence in FCP and after import the new clip in color then the render is ok....but anyway its not the better way!

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I've actually encountered this, much to my surprise. My project, which was edited in Apple Pro Res, had one sub-clip that I altered the speed to 50%. In Color, it would analyze the entire clip as opposed to what was in between the in and out points. If you find a solution, I sure would like to know.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Color doesn't like speed changes. Your only option right now is to export the speed-changed clip as a self-contained QT movie, import that QT into FCP and then replace the speed-changed clip in the timeline w/the QT movie. This is commonly referred to as "baking in" an effect. Color also doesn't like gfx, still images, GOP-based codecs, and I've heard Color doesn't always properly convert the PAL color space into RGB (the color space Color operates in).

Lethal