FC7 compressor issue

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by buis, Jan 23, 2014.

1. buis macrumors newbie

**originally posted in "Mac Applications and Mac App Store" section

Hello guys,

For the last two days I have been struggling to find a way to continue editing my documentary film, but haven't found a solution yet.

Some weeks ago I installed fresh version of OS 10.7.5 to fix some other issues (not related to FCP7) and now when I opened FCP7 to continue editing my recent project (which was stored in external hard-disk), but for some reason I couldn't open the timeline. It started to load and soon error occurred:

"codec not found you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card"

Also, video files related to the project, in the "viewer" window only showed the green color, but the audio was fine.

I managed to get back the timeline, by changing compressor settings to "animation".
    Now I can see the the timeline, but the timeline's video files seems to be un-rendered, and when I try to render, I get the same codec error.

But the green color in the "viewer" is still occurring when I try to preview the video files related to the project, However, if I add some video file which is not related to the project, then I can have a proper view of it.

I would be really thankful if anyone could help me with this.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What codec is the footage? You may have forgotten to install all the plugins and codecs after you did your clean install of 10.7.5.

3. Johnsyounger macrumors member