FCE 4 problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by patriotsfanatic, Dec 28, 2008.

1. patriotsfanatic macrumors newbie

hello, i am using/trying to us fce 4 with a jvc everio camcorder. The problem i am having is that when i burn the dvd the movie has s very bad jitter, strobe effect that makes it unwatchable can some one give me some advice please.
    thanks

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

So you are editing the video in FCE and then exporting as a .mov file and burning the video in a burn folder?:confused:

3. patriotsfanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

i am editing it in fce then export as quicktime movie and burn to dvd with idvd.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Have you tried burning it in a burn folder. It won't give you the titles or menus but may solve your problem. Also, what are your specs/model for your Mac, have you recently burned a DVD in your Superdrive if so, how did it turn out, and how does the video look after you export it through QuickTime?

5. patriotsfanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

My mac is the last version of the black macbook 2.4 with 4 gigs ram. Yes i have burned other dvds through idvd using the superdrive the movie has the same problem when playing directly through quicktime.

6. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Try exporting again if you haven't already. Then if that doesn't work reboot your Mac and relaunch FCE. Is there a problem when viewing the movie in FCE?

7. patriotsfanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

i have not tried to export again but it has happened on 2 or 3 different movies. It is hard to tell if it is happening in fce because it is smaller than on the tv but i think it does. Would this because because it is a usb camera imported to imovie 08 then exported to fce or a problem with frame rates.

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It could be because it is at low frame rate for some reason when exporting. Does the video look like it is at a low frame rate like under 20? What are your setting for exporting? When you said it looks like a strobe effect, do you mean like the saturation/brightness is unstable? If possible post a small clip of the video somewhere or show me a link to a video that has this same problem. When you "exported" to FCE did you import the file into FCE or export to it somehow that I am unfamiliar with?

9. sk8now123 macrumors member

sk8now123

heres how

Mpeg streamclip will screw up your hd footage and down convert it into a cruddy format. .TOD and .MOD is another word for mpeg 2 in which imovie 06 can easily import. Here's how to get your HD foortage from a jvc everio to final cut.
    1. Protect all your files on your jvc camera that you want
    2. Plug your camera into your mac and turn on the camera and choose back up
    3. Open up the drive and go to sd video and then go to your prg folders and find the protected files and put them in a clutter so you will know which ones.
    4. Eject the drive and unplug the camera, go to your videos, then menu, then cancel all.
    5. Plug it back in, go to your prg folders and drag your clutters to your desktop
    6. Make a new imovie project and call it clips for fce or something
    7. Drag all your clips to imovie and let it import.
    8. Name your clips here.
    9. Then open FCE and go to your movie or make one and go to file open and open up the imovie project. (If it won't let you, make sure it is showing all files)
    10. Save it to the desktop or scratch disk or something
    11. A new tab will open, make a clutter of the clips you want and select the clutter, now copy it, go to your movie tab, and press paste and there you go.
    feedback please lol