fce export doesnt match canvas

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by anthonyjones, Mar 16, 2011.

1. anthonyjones macrumors newbie

hi im working in fce and having a problem. when exporting the footage doesnt match the timeline. works fine through the canvas view. any thoughts?

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

You're going to have to be way more specific for us to help you. What kind of machine are you running? What are you export settings? Timeline settings? What kind of footage are you working with? And in what way does the export not match the timeline?

3. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Screenshots of your export settings and current settings would help. You need to give us information. We can't see your screen :rolleyes::confused:

4. anthonyjones thread starter macrumors newbie

im on a mac. Im Exporting to normal quicktime export on Final Cut Express. the footage doesnt match the Canvas as its playing different parts of the clip than whats on the timeline. I watch the time line back and all of the clips are how i want them . when exported some parts show different clips rather than what i have selected.

Working with Dv Pal 720 x 576 at 29.97 frames per second. i think it maybe that was exporting at 24 fps. going to try again at 29.97 now

5. anthonyjones thread starter macrumors newbie

Still having problems im afraid . ive taken screen caps but they are very small will try and sort that out in a bit. my footage is in DV pal but i was exporting in H.264. would that affect the outcome of the export? Like i say i changed the frame rate of the export to match the clip settings . the only reason im not using final cut pro is because i had a problem with that too where the canvas player was not giving me the play back of the timeline

6. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

You're editing with a PAL frame size at an NTSC frame rate... fix that... PAL 720x576 @ 25fps or NTSC 720x480 @ 29.97fps

7. YouAreSignedIn macrumors newbie

I'm having this problem as well. Bear with me, it is VERY difficult to explain.

What happens is, when you export a video, your cuts will not be timed correctly. You'll see the 1.5 seconds BEFORE the cut and the 1.5 seconds that should be the end of the shot are cut out.

If you were to take a shot of a clock counting down for ten seconds and trim it so that the edit only contained the last five seconds, it would come out differently in the export. Instead of going 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 like you intended, you would see 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 (in the exported file).

It makes editing impossible, because even when you have your canvas correct, the export comes out wrong.

I've also noticed that if I grab the beginning or end of a clip and drag it to shorten or lengthen the duration, it will show the WRONG (not what I intended to edit) part of the clip. Playback and scrolling look like intended.

My sequence preset is the same one I always use, "Apple Intermediate Codec 1920x1080i60." And I transcoded the file with MPEGStreamclip to the same AIC codec I always use. The only major difference is that the original clip came from a cell phone, though I don't see why that should affect it after I've transcoded it...

Help?