FCE Exported video problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by robwhite, Dec 28, 2009.

1. robwhite macrumors newbie

I've searched through the archives, but I'm not really sure what this is called so I can't find it.

So here's my story. I got a panasonic dvx100 from a local place in town and shot some footage. I've never done it before and I've been gaining interest so I was trying things out.

I captured all my footage with FCE and edited it down, and exported it. Upon watching it back, i noticed that there was a couple of things. First, whenever i played with shutter speeds on the camera, the exported footage has tails on it, like so

[​IMG]

And another thing i noticed is that when a person is moving against a white back ground, everything looks kinda...jittery. Almost like edges shift. Its hard to explain, harder to image capture and I don't really have the time to upload the video.

The thing is, I don't think it is in the videos when I am editing them, only on the exported versions, its hard to tell, because the FCE playback isn't the clearest thing in the world. I've tried different compression settings interlaced, deinterlacing, it just doesn't seem to work. I'm new at FCE so I'm sure I sound like an ape. If anyone can help me out, they would be awesome.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The DVX 100 has the ability to capture footage progressively (25p, but it is still recorded interlaced in 50i/59.94i), so you have to find out, which mode you shot in and if that corresponds to the FCE record, timeline and export settings.

3. robwhite thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks alot, I knew it something along those lines. It was shot at 25p, now that i know that, how do i check the rate in the other areas? Sorry, I'm new to this whole FCE.