FCE exporting options

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mattaut, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Mattaut macrumors regular

I would like to upgrade from iMovie 08' to FCE, but I want to make sure that FCE has the same amount or more exporting options as iMovie does. Can someone give me a list of file formats that FCE can export? Also some information on the amount of control you have over video quality and the general exporting options would help. If anyone can provide some screenshots of the exporting process I would be very grateful. I mostly need to export AVI and MOV formats. Thanks.

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

It will export to anything QuickTime will export to. Pretty much the same as iMovie and FCP.

3. Mattaut thread starter macrumors regular

Are the importing options pretty much the same too? Obviously I can import DV from a camera, but what movie file formats can I import? Mainly wondering about MPG, MOV, AVI, and WMV. If there are any other file formats that you can import let me know. Thanks.

4. HunterGather macrumors member

I know that AVI will pretty much make FCE crash.
    So you gotta convert it to a Final Cut friendly format (ie Quicktime DV/DVC Pro).

i THINK wmv works fine too, but I only have a trial version of FLIP 4 MAC, so whenever i export it, i get the water mark on the video.