FCE HD - How do I acieve this effect?

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
It's a basic thing. i want to take still photos and add the effect where you are slowly pushing in on a photo, or perhaps panning across it. I've been able to achieve this in Premiere Pro by using transitions and adjusting opacity, but it's a pain in the ass and i'm hoping there is an easier way to do it in FCE HD.

Does anyone know how I would achieve this?

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
like the "ken burns" effect? i know you can do this very easily in imovie (it's a dedicated effect iirc), but i wish i could help further with fce.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Mojo67821 said:
It's a basic thing. i want to take still photos and add the effect where you are slowly pushing in on a photo, or perhaps panning across it. I've been able to achieve this in Premiere Pro by using transitions and adjusting opacity, but it's a pain in the ass and i'm hoping there is an easier way to do it in FCE HD.

Does anyone know how I would achieve this?
Open the picture in the Viewer window, go to the Motion tab and adjust the position and scale attributes using key frames.

Lethal

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
LethalWolfe said:
Open the picture in the Viewer window, go to the Motion tab and adjust the position and scale attributes using key frames.

Lethal

Oh man, thank you!