FCE Help Effects like Lightining Lightsabre

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by imac abuser, Sep 23, 2009.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I apologize in advance for posting this. However I need some help finding Final Cut Express 4 effects. I understand the basics of key framing, and have watched the You Tube videos. I think I'm ready to do it, but I just can't find the lightning on the black, or lightsabre effects.

Thanks for any help

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

You will need After Effects or Combustion and to learn about rotoscoping.

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Eh I'm not sure about that. I've seen a lot of youtube videos with little kids making some pretty cool stuff. I just need to know where to get the effect frames and stuff.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I mean, I guess you could use an 8-point-mask on a solid green layer and keyframe it over your video....but it will look horrible.

You honestly need something like After Effects, Photoshop, or Shake to do to look decent. Lots of kids on the internet download cracked versions of After Effects and do that (I've witnessed quite a lot of YouTube.).

5. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Great more money for Adobe lol and more crap to learn lol

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You could download the trial for Mac OS X at Adobe.com

You can do what you're talking about with Adobe Photoshop or Adobe After Effects. If you're serious about video editing/effects then After Effects would be worth the learn. They're are A LOT of tutorials for light sabers on YouTube (most use After Effects). So you'll have a lot of help to learn.

7. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Yeah I think I will try the trial, and keep watching youtube vids it's just funny how little kids can pull off some cool videos and i feel like I'm struggling lol haha

Chris