FCE & iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by B. Hunter, Jan 7, 2011.

1. B. Hunter macrumors regular

Alright.

I want to ask this question.
    Is it possible thew day will come when Final Cut Express can be used on a future version of the iPad?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Agreed. No file system, no easy way of connecting a hi-def camera and importing video, no easy way to export copies, etc. Not to mention it would have to be stripped down of features so it can handle a slower ARM processor...so, it would in essence be an iMovie.

4. B. Hunter, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

B. Hunter thread starter macrumors regular

But..........................what if a USB port is added? Connected to an external drive for data storage. I import video from an SDHC onto my Macbook Pro.
    I have to say, I am out of the loop on the iPad talk. So forgive me if my question might seem silly.
    Wonder if the day will come where laptops will be a product of the past?

5. sigamy macrumors 65816

I think the video editing capabilities of the iPad/iOS will expand. Now are we talking 99 video tracks and 99 audio tracks? Real time effects? Probably not.

But I can really see iMovie's new editing methods as a perfect fit for touch interface.

It wasn't that long ago that production houses used dual G4s to edit in Final Cut. A dual core ARM processor should be up to the task.