FCE simple question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ercw, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ercw macrumors regular

I want a white background for my title , so I set it white in the control tab and I set the alpha the white as well. the result is exactly what I expect in the viewer but the background becomes black again in the canvas. I know it has to be in front of my face but I cant figure out.
    Any idea?

Thanks

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Why don't you just layer a color render screen from Video Generators tab and add the title as text as a layer on top of it?

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

Lighthouse_man is right, that's how it's done. You also need to mind that it is broadcast safe, and depending what kind of look you are wanting to go with, I would put some sort of light gradient/texture on it as well.

What version of FCE do you have? You ought to consider using LiveType for your titles.

4. gibbygoo macrumors newbie

ok but why does he get the white background in the viewer but not the canvas.?

5. gibbygoo macrumors newbie

p.s. as far as I can tell there is no video generators tab

6. RatVega macrumors member

The options in the View pop-up menu are only for viewing convenience and do not affect the timeline.

Yes, adding a color matte to the timeline is "how it's done", and if broadcast legality is an issue, set the opacity to 98% to keep it legal.

And yes, there's a generator pop-up; it's the little filmstrip button in the lower right corner of the viewer.