FCE: Subtitels

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by willybNL, May 20, 2007.

1. willybNL macrumors 6502

As i'm making a video of the wedding of someone, and this video is probably also going to be watched by people that can not hear anything (deaf :p) I tought it would be handy to include subtitles.

But for what I've seen in FCE and it's title editor... there's no real 'click and add subtitles', is there....

What would you recommend to use to add it in a fast way?

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

If you're doing true subtitles (i.e. with the option to turn on/off), you'll have to do that in DVDSP. If you want 'always on' subtitles, you can do that with the title generator in FC.

Either way, you need to type them up yourself. Final Cut does not do transcription.

3. -DH macrumors 65816

It sounds as though what you really want is closed captioning - which is accessed via the TV by the user. Or, as pdpfilms pointed out, you can create subtitles (a different animal than Closed Captioning) which is accessed via the DVD player by the viewer.

-DH

4. willybNL thread starter macrumors 6502

Darn,... on Final Cut Express we have no http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/dvdstudiopro/ :)

So i'll have to fix it with something else.

What i meant was 'putting subtitles into subtitle menu of the dvd' indeed. Or if that is not simply done, just have a more easy interface than FCE itself to put in text.