Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chryon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Final Cut Express Version 1.0
I have captured a clip from my mini-dv camera to my Browser Window. With my mouse, I double clicked the clip so that it opens in my Viewer Window.

The problem is that when I play the clip back in the Viewer Window it makes that annoying beeping sound, which tells me the audio needs rendered. When I drag that same clip from the Browser Window to the Timeline Window and then play the clip it doesn't have that annoying beeping sound? I'm baffled as to how I can fix the problem. I want to be able to open the clip in the viewer & set in & out points for the portions of that clip I want to use then drag that back into the Browser. Why can't I do that? I did that before!

I record the event, capture all the master footage into Final Cut, open the master clips in the viewer, set in & out points for the portions I want to use, drag those portions back into the browser putting them into bins I name, then edit my final version. But if that master clips audio is beeping it makes it very hard to hear where to set my in & out points? ANY SUGGESTIONS! Can someone help? It doesnt do it for all my captured clips?

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe some of your clips have 12bit/36KHz audio, while others have 16bit/48KHz audio? The 12bit clips are probably the ones beeping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.