FCE Whats with the Rendering?!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by superman666, Aug 7, 2007.

1. superman666 macrumors regular

I used to use Adobe Premiere Pro and it was an amazing program. Absolutely No rendering to preview the effects/overframes I made. And with Final Cut Express 3.5 HD, 'Dynamic RT' is supposed to stop the frustrating renders. Apparently it isn't, because after ever effect/or video overlay I do I need to render, which is beyond frustrating. Sometimes it takes sooo long to render, when i'm just experiment with effects on clips. Is there any way to 'enable' Dynamic RT or something? BTW I have FCE 3.5 w/ an Intel Mac (so I should be set?)

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Are you on Safe or Unlimited RT? What video format are you working in?

Filters that are listed in bold face should work without render.

3. superman666 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure if i'm filming in safe or unlimited. Can you tell me how to check? More of my problem is with putting video 'ontop' of video ( like a video overlay). Every time I have to render it and it gets really annoying.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Safe or Unlimited is nothing to do with filming. It is a setting in FCE / FCP.

5. superman666 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yea sorry for the confusion. But could you tell me how I view it within FCE?

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

If it is like FCP then it should be in the Final Cut Express menu under system settings or something.

7. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Not totally sure if the settings are the same in FCE, but in FCP if you click the 'RT' button toward the top left of the timeline (next to the counter) check 'Unlimited' at the top, then under 'Playback Video Quality' on the same drop-down menu, select 'Dynamic'.

In FCP this turns all the red 'requires render' sections on the timeline to turn to orange. They should now playback fine, unless you have really complex overlays, in which case you may experience dropped frames. Its just for previewing without the need to render - you'll still need to render at the end of your edit before your Edit to Tape/ Print to Video/ Export stage.

8. superman666 thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh Thanks alot for that... Mine wasn't on unlimited.