FCE4 HD cant handle 60FPS 720P?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by RobertD63, Jan 24, 2009.

1. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I cant import any of my DXG-595V 720P files. Can FCE4 handle 60fps 720p?

2. tri3limited macrumors 6502

Right from what i understand the DXG-595V produces Mov files so they should be compatible. Looking at the Final Cut Express 4 page on the Apple site it appears to be fine.

Would it be possible for you to confirm the format (aka Mov) and also how you are capturing it. Being that it's flash card stuff i assume you're dragging and dropping into FCE from your desktop?

Not 100% sure but it might be one of these things you have to run through iMovie '06 first... I doubt it but you never know.

3. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

mov is not a format... looking at the specs on the B&H page, it shoots h.264.

you'll need to convert all of these to AIC to be edited. If FCE does DVCProHD, then you could go to that as well.

4. RobertD63 thread starter macrumors 6502

It is h.264 .MOV files, I take them from the camera to my Movies folder in a specific folder. Then drag it into FCE4, but then it comes up to this window (att)

Not true 1080p imports fine and I can edit it with out any converting.

Attached Files:

5. namethisfile macrumors 6502a

namethisfile

are the files greyed out or something when you go to Import > File in FCE4?

what you probably have to do first is move your video files from the sd card to your computer. and then open up FCE and see if you can import then. you can also drag and drop those files to the timeline.

also make sure that you double-check user settings and pick the appropriate format for your project. ie, 1280 x 720 (HD) for 720p video sources.

hope this helps.

6. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

regardless is you can bring in the 1080p videos, you should be converting everything out of h.264 because it isn't an editing format, it is a delivery codec. try converting to AIC, if that doesn't work, then you have a real problem.

7. RobertD63 thread starter macrumors 6502

8. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

H.264 is like mpg2, it is a format used for final playback/delivery.

It is heavily compressed, and I dont know anything about your camera, but I would bet that your cam shoots long gop H.264, which is definitely not an editing format.

9. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

FCE actually doesn't do DVCPRO HD, IIRC.