FCP-10.1 Burn Disk

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Hi,
With FCP7 when you finished you video one could burn a disk. But with FCP 10.1 one can only share.
Would any of you know what is the best path to go and burn a disk?
I have iDVD and DVD Studio Pro. Just want to basically burn a DVD.

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
Hi,
With FCP7 when you finished you video one could burn a disk. But with FCP 10.1 one can only share.
Would any of you know what is the best path to go and burn a disk?
I have iDVD and DVD Studio Pro. Just want to basically burn a DVD.
I been working in broadcasting for a long time and have always used Toast Titanium to burn all my DVDs. Very easily found torrent.

ColdCase

macrumors 68030
Feb 10, 2008
NH
You can burn a simple SD DVD directly from FCP 10. When you select DVD from the share menu a window opens where your DVD burner is selected with defaults. You can modify the defaults if you wish, but there are only a few options.

If you want something fancy or high definition, you need to share the project as a master file (or export to compressor) and then use compressor to create the compressed videos in the format you desire which then you import into DVDSP or iDVD, assemble into a DVD, add fancy menus and effects and burn.

You can also share the DVD to a file, and then use toast titanium to burn.

Last edited:

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Thank You all for the information. I opened preference in FCP 10.1 and opened DVD and then ask to burn a disk. Worked fine. Nothing fancy at present. Once again "THANK YOU":)