FCP 10.2.2 Project Edits.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Frank Maxwell, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Frank Maxwell macrumors newbie

I'm using FCP10.2.2. I have edited 2 projects. Project (A) is on the timeline. How do I tag the other project (B) unto the timeline at the end of project (A)?
    Thank You.

2. 1411 macrumors newbie

Just select all and copy and paste. It will paste in where you you set your mouse at in the timeline.

3. Frank Maxwell thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. Does that procedure apply with Project (B) being on a different timeline?. I open Project (A) on one timeline. Then open Project (B) copy and paste, then go back to Project (A)... then how do i get my copy and paste????
    I understand the princible of it, but what do I copy and paste the project (B) or the timeline material of Project (B).

4. 1411 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016 ---
    Open Project B - Copy your timeline material (Select All or set in/out)
    Open Project A - go to end of timeline set your in point - paste your Project B timeline.

5. BeechFlyer macrumors regular

BeechFlyer

Frank,

You can do copy&paste as suggested above, but I think a much cleaner solution in FCP X is to create a compound clip of your entire Project B (select all in the timeline, then right clip and select "Create compound clip". Give it a meaningful name, and then copy&paste that compound clip into the timeline for Project A.

Compound clips are similar to what was called a "nested sequence" in the old FCP. It's a very neat to organize your projects, like folders on your hard drive, and you can go into the compound clip (double click) and make edits there later, without always seeing all the details of it.

- Martin

6. Frank Maxwell thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my question.