Fcp 3.5 Rt

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rtao, Aug 18, 2007.

1. rtao macrumors newbie

I have a 1st gen 2.16GHz MBP and FCP 3.5 with me, I am trying to edit some 1080i footage acquired via the new iMovie from an AVCHD camcorder. I wonder, just about how many RT transaction would FCP actually supports?? since I just do a simply drag and drop video to the canvas and try the insert with transaction, and that's require rendering.

thx

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

AFAIK a version of FCP that old is very limited when it comes to HD and won't support the codec your footage is in so everything will have to be rendered every time you add or a chance a clip in the timeline. Upgrading would save you a lot of headaches.

Lethal

3. rtao thread starter macrumors newbie

I made a serious mistake.... I am using FCE 3.5 not FCP........... :eek::eek::eek:

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

FCE 3.5 doesn't even support AVCHD... I don't know how you're even seeing the clips in it.

5. rtao thread starter macrumors newbie

"I am trying to edit some 1080i footage acquired via the new iMovie from an AVCHD camcorder.", this is how I manage to edit the clip in FCE :)

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Make sure that the sequence you are working in is setup properly for HDV and not set for a different format.

Lethal