FCP 6 Imported file wont work in FCP 5. Any Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poppe, Nov 10, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I was wondering if there was a way to view my file I imported into FCP 6. On my MBP I have FCP 5 and was trying to import a file, but I could not get it to work. So I used the computers mac pro, which had FCP 6 (I did not know), and now I am unable to view my file in FCP 5. Is there any way around this?

The error message I get when trying to open up the file is this: File's format is too new for this version of the application

I am not completely sure if the Mac Pro has FCP 6, but I figured what else could be the problem?

My FCP is 5.1.4

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

no help from me but

I googled Final Cut Pro convert 5 and found stuff I did not understand; but one link took me to the Apple forum where conversion was being discussed.

Sorry that is as helpful, or not, as I can be.

3. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

do you happen to have that link?

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Sorry

Sorry no I don't. I was out to dinner when I got your request but I had moved on from that Google page anyway. I can only suggest that you try the Apple forum and search there; or try Google.

I wish I had thought of keeping or at least adding the link but I was so excited I just popped here to answer your question.. sorry.

5. ramlax13 macrumors member

I'm having the same problem, anyone have the solution for this?

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Export it as an EDL (I think that is what it is called) and then import it into FCP 5. That should work.