FCP 6: "Out of Memory" when rendering

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MrLatte23, Sep 27, 2008.

1. MrLatte23 macrumors regular

I've been getting a dialog box stating: "out of memory" when trying to render with Final Cut Pro 6. I recently added a second video card to run a third monitor and this is when it began. The second video card NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT in slot four is not running at full speed, but the first newer card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT is. (Due to limitations in Expansion Slot utility I can only give the 7300 a 8X lane.) I have 9 Gb of memory in my 1st Gen MacPro 2 X 2.66 Ghz, running OS X.5.5. I have 0 Bytes of Page outs in Activity monitor and also when rendering I have about 6 Gb of free memory. In FCP under system settings I've tried maxing out and reducing the Memory & Cache Application usage slider to no avail.

What gives?

Thanks.

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

3. MrLatte23 thread starter macrumors regular

Dont think so...

I've 750 Gb of available space, BUT it IS rendering to the same drive that the footage was captured to. I'm going to separate the render files to their own HD and see if that makes a difference. I can render in smaller increments, less than 1 minute sequence time, but nothing sizable over one minute works.

Thanks.