FCP 6 Pixelated & Stretching Video Issues

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by City of Anaheim, Mar 2, 2009.

1. City of Anaheim macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm running Final Cut Pro 6 on a mac pro with a 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor and I need help resolving two problems.

1) When I view graphics and some video in the timeline the video play back is very pixelated compared to the original file. When I view the file in the "VIEWER" window the file looks fine. When I try to view the same file on the timeline in the "CANVAS" window the file becomes very pixelated during play back. I tried adjusting my RT settings, I made sure every option in the RENDER SEQUENCE and RENDER ALL are checked, and I still have this problem.

2) When I export a QuickTime file of a video project the video gets STRETCHED when the file is created. I'm exporting a 16 X 9 video using the CURRENT settings which has not been changed for a year or so and has worked fine in the past. When I view the new QuickTime file it looks as if it pulled the video from the top and bottom of the screen to have the video fit the screen. There is also a set of black bars above and below the video which I have not seen on previous files.

Is there a setting I am missing to fix these problems? Thanks in advance.

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

It would help if you told us a little more about the project, such as:

1. What codec was the original footage recorded in?
    2. What codec is the sequence rendering in?
    3. If this was an older project on an older FCP, what version was it, and was the footage originally SD/HD?

We can't help you without those small little details, and yes, FCP has come a long way ever since the transition to HD a few years ago. Even QuickTime has changed, so little things like that will probably change project settings.