FCP 7 Close Gap Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markjones05, May 4, 2010.

1. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I just upgraded my Final Cut Studio to the newest version and now when I try to close gap in FCP 7.0.2 it defaults to closing the the gap furthest to the left and not the gap where i click or where my play head is located. Is anyone else suffering from this and is there an option somewhere that I can't find to return my close gap function to normal?

Thanks

M

2. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I know other people at least have experienced this problem just by searching in google and finding other forum posts but is this really an oversight by final cut??? How does no one know how to fix this?!

3. driemer macrumors newbie

FCP 7 Close Gap issue, another victim

I too am experiencing this exact same issue in FCP 7.0.2, OS 10.6.3 - The Close Gap command causes the gap closest to the start of a sequence to close, regardless of which gap I have the Playhead positioned in. The oddest thing is that I only noticed this anomaly yesterday, though I've been using this configuration for months. It doesn't happen all the time, or in all sequences.

Any updates on a cause or fix?

Many thanks,

Don Riemer

4. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I still have not gotten any help with this! It feels like a conspiracy how tight lipped everyone is being. :confused:

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

You have it as FC7 and not FCS...and this is in the wrong forum.