FCP 7 in Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by filmboy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. filmboy macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2013
    I'll soon be ordering a new 27" iMac, and I intend to get one with Mountain Lion (still possible from B&H--and maybe still from Apple?).

From most of my research, it appears that FCP 7 is fully functional in Mountain Lion, but having just discovered this forum, I wanted to see if anyone has had any particular issues with editing FCP 7 in Mountain Lion.

2. sjschall macrumors newbie

Dec 4, 2013
    No issues for me - I used FCP 7 pretty consistently through Lion, ML, and now Mavericks with no problems.
  3. filmboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2013

As I mentioned, I've done a TON of research on this. Everyone across the board acknowledges issue with using FCP 7 in Mavericks.

And there's even been a couple very, very minor glitches in ML, but so minor and outside basic use that it's been no issue whatsoever.
  4. sjschall macrumors newbie

Dec 4, 2013
    Really, for me no issues. But I guess it'll be good to see what others think. The only thing that's happened to me in Mavericks a few times is that my tool bar and audio meters will be half cut off on my screen, where I can't physically drag them back into view. But re-launching FCP has fixed this. Just FYI, I am typically working with ProRes footage and doing relatively light editing. I'm on a mid 2010 MacBook Pro.