FCP 7 in Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by filmboy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. filmboy macrumors newbie

I'll soon be ordering a new 27" iMac, and I intend to get one with Mountain Lion (still possible from B&H--and maybe still from Apple?).

From most of my research, it appears that FCP 7 is fully functional in Mountain Lion, but having just discovered this forum, I wanted to see if anyone has had any particular issues with editing FCP 7 in Mountain Lion.

Thanks.

2. sjschall macrumors newbie

No issues for me - I used FCP 7 pretty consistently through Lion, ML, and now Mavericks with no problems.

3. filmboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow--really?!!

As I mentioned, I've done a TON of research on this. Everyone across the board acknowledges issue with using FCP 7 in Mavericks.

And there's even been a couple very, very minor glitches in ML, but so minor and outside basic use that it's been no issue whatsoever.

4. sjschall macrumors newbie

Really, for me no issues. But I guess it'll be good to see what others think. The only thing that's happened to me in Mavericks a few times is that my tool bar and audio meters will be half cut off on my screen, where I can't physically drag them back into view. But re-launching FCP has fixed this. Just FYI, I am typically working with ProRes footage and doing relatively light editing. I'm on a mid 2010 MacBook Pro.