FCP 7 Log & Transfer won't read Vixia files.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bagelche, Dec 1, 2011.

1. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

I've been searching the webs for a solution, but haven't found one yet.

We have Canon Vixia HFS20s that get used regularly by different videographers. Normally they copy the data off their SD cards to a folder on the computer and the cards are put out for re-use. Users then direct FCP's Log and Transfer to that folder and everything is golden.

Recently I had a user record to the Vixia's internal memory and they transferred the AVCHD folder over (the Vixia's internal memory did not have a PRIVATE folder). L&T rejected the folder structure. We tried nesting it inside of a PRIVATE folder we created. No go. The directory structure looks OK and the MTS files are readable with Movist and VLC.

Is there some difference to the Vixia's internal storage compared to standard SD card directories that would prevent this from working?

Where can I go from here?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

convert the files to a QT or another format for FCP. If FCP won't recognized the folder then your out of luck...

edit - i remember sometimes when I would use my vixia the SD card wouldn't show up in FCP L&T window but would mount fine on my desktop. I would drag the icon from the desktop over into the L&T window and it would sometimes work. You can give that a try.