FCP and nested files

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Budd Junglebean, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Budd Junglebean macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2011
    I haven't figured out how to do this:

I made like 5 different version of music video for a client. My client wanted to use best things parts from version 3&4. I thought easiest way is to nest those both projects and then just have nested files on sequence. And yes it was easy.

So now I have first 30 seconds from the nested file 3 and next 15 seconds from the file 4 and so on...

Now when I want to send the whole project to Color it also sends me the unused nested files too. And the color project looks like a mess and I have no idea which is from which version.

So I have nested files from two different projects on my sequence. How do I easily delete the files that are not in use?

I'm not sure if you guys understand what I'm asking. Maybe I should upload a few pics to make my problem understandable :D
  2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Nesting in FCP is messy. Just copy and paste the sections you want from each timeline.

And before you send it to Color I suggest collapsing all the video down so you just have a single video track whenever possible.