FCP and nested files

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Budd Junglebean, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Budd Junglebean macrumors newbie

I haven't figured out how to do this:

I made like 5 different version of music video for a client. My client wanted to use best things parts from version 3&4. I thought easiest way is to nest those both projects and then just have nested files on sequence. And yes it was easy.

So now I have first 30 seconds from the nested file 3 and next 15 seconds from the file 4 and so on...

Now when I want to send the whole project to Color it also sends me the unused nested files too. And the color project looks like a mess and I have no idea which is from which version.

So I have nested files from two different projects on my sequence. How do I easily delete the files that are not in use?

I'm not sure if you guys understand what I'm asking. Maybe I should upload a few pics to make my problem understandable :D

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Nesting in FCP is messy. Just copy and paste the sections you want from each timeline.

And before you send it to Color I suggest collapsing all the video down so you just have a single video track whenever possible.

Lethal