FCP and Sountrack disaster after latest update.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by the vj, Nov 11, 2010.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

I just updated FCP last night November 10th. There was the latest OSx upgrade and Pro Applications too.

Today FCP is crashing by telling me there is a conflict with a KG plugin that I do not have! and then keeps crashing with no reason and prompt me to send the info to Apple.

Now Soundtrack is not opening at all, just a quick flash and gone. I try to open it and I get the intro screen but just for a micro second and that is it, no more movement.

I am at work and I am doing a demo for this client and now my system is crashing on me!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's why you don't update working machines unless you tested the update on a machine, that can have downtime.

Is it possible to use another, not-yet-updated Mac for the presentation?

3. the vj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have resolved the problem restarting the computer. But the latest update of Snow Leopar is giving me video ram problems. I am doing some basic 3D render in Cinema 4D with FCP open and C4D is acting strange, the pull down menues are not working.

I have a project I can not longer open in FCP.

Apple is doing strange things to the OS, they are more focus in their iPhone and web functionalities rather than the actual graphic and data transfer inside the computer.

Each update is a different story. I am getting the curting down error in my 2 macs now asking me to restart the computers... a new update, a different set of bugs.