FCP: Anti shaking for video clips?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superspiffy, Jul 15, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

Hey is there an effect or filter or free third app to reduce shaking for video clips on FCP? Thanks

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

In Final Cut Pro 6 it is included in the application.

3. m3gau macrumors member

I don't have final cut 6 but would like a filter or something to do this as well is there anything else (free would help else cheep)

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Shake is another option and it is cheaper than Final Cut Studio. As for lower end tools I have no idea I am afraid.

5. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I only have FCS 5.1. Is it possible to do an anti shaking trick through Motion?

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

You could do it yourself in FCP using keyframes.. It would just take forever and be a pain in the ass.

Basically just pick a point in the clip and set keyframes so it always stays in the same point on the screen. If your camera shakes to the left, then have the clip rotate back to the right in FCP and set a keyframe. You'll probably have to scale the clip up to like 105% to get rid of any black outlines.

This is basically what Steadycam in FCP6 does, it just makes it a lot easier.