FCP Capture Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gatepc, Apr 28, 2010.

1. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Hello I am new to Final Cut Pro I have upgraded from using iMovie but I seem to be having a problem. I am trying to capture HD video from a Canon XH A1s and it works fine on iMovie but no matter what settings I have tried in FCP it always says that it could not connect to the deck and to try and make sure all the wires are connected. Basically it cannot connect to my camera but yet iMovie has no problems how do I fix this? Thanks

EDIT: discovered a few things don't know if its helpful or not but I notticed:

1. imovie is in fact capture SD using the DV standard even though the camera is capable of HDV (also I have no problems capture DV in FCP ether just HDV )
    2. If I set the controls to DVCPRO I can control the camera in FCP but I can't capture or see a video preview.
    3. No matter what I try it will not let me control or even recognize the existence of this camera in HDV format.

Edit 2 : Problem Solved! :) The camera was set to auto detect HDV or DV and was not working right so I forced it into HDV and now it works fine :)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What project and capture settings do you use in what FCP version on what specific Mac with what Mac OS X version and what Firewire cable?

3. gatepc thread starter macrumors 6502

gatepc

I tried a bunch of capture settings the camera outputs HDV so I tried just plain old HDV 1080p30 ( which is the correct settings that I shot at in the camera ) I am running the mac that is listed in my sig and 10.6.3 for my OS I am using a firewire 400 to 800 cable ( camera has 400 and my computer has 800 ) and like I said iMovie can capture just fine ( it looks like SD though for some reason and I know I shot HD ) but FCP can't even see the camera